Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Still Cording!

Let's start with the 1st grumble session of 2011 :-)
1) Slipped up twice on my walk this morning - it was frosty yes but did I notice BLACK ICE - no ! Left ankle hurts a bit!
2) My Bernina (which I collect from the repair man next weekend) is going to cost me quite a lot - her 'timing' has gone! AND I NEED her to work on Oberon as I don't use the Pfaff for rusted fabrics. 3) THIS STUPID PC has shut itself down and rebooted 5 times whilst I have been trying to write this blog today. That's a total of 7 times so far this morning - it better not be on its last legs!
4) Blogger has managed to lose about 30 of the blogs I read from my listing so I am out of touch with many of my favourite blogs and will need to find them all again.
5) British Gas have just sent me an email doubling (yes doubling) my direct debit!!
and finally..
6) The reel of Lurex I have been using for my cord has run out! It was a new reel I started for this latest lot of cord - states 200metres of lurex on the reel but I have only managed to stitch roughly half of my ball of cord (total length of ball is 80 metres) so what has gone wrong?????
OK enough grumbling

In the pic below you can see - on the left the lurex(ed) half of my cord ball, in the middle is how far I have got with alternative gold threads and on the right is what I have left to go..
This is a close up of the lurex ball, this is a close up of the new gold thread ball - not quite as bright but I will just have to alternate when I start the hand stitching - just hope I have enough (bet I don't) because I will have a lot of cording to do to match the doublet. Here is ONE of the TWO quite large sections of the breeches - waiting for my Bernina so that I can stitch the slashes. Here is a close up - then of course the cord will be hand stitched down every row like on the doublet - lots of work to go yet!! I have not done any more work on Mustardseed and then there is First Fairy to go - and the July deadline is creeping up faster than I would like!!

2 comments:

DIAN said...

This looks fascinating. How annoying when a product does not match the label. Never mind, seems you have overcome the problem.

Kim said...

Wow. Just wow!