Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New 'Testing Ideas Out' Quilts

I have had a really lovely few days over this Christmas period - Christmas Eve with all the family went surprisingly well - Christmas day at my daughters food was excellent - her first cooking of Christmas dinner at her house was lovely. Then yesterday the evening at my son's girlfriend's parents was very nice - they invited me to see the Pantomime at the Watermill theatre in Newbury - Wind in the Willows - it was a delightful evening. Now that I am alone again and have several days to myself - I have purchased a small TV to chat to itself in the corner of the studio and have no excuse not to do some art work. So what have I started? Well I have plans for Muse 4 in small pieces so need to test out the idea. I have a spare set of dyed cotton pieces so they were torn and frayed...
that is what I am planning for Muse 4 but which size and how to put them together. So for the moment I arranged this set of blue pieces
(which are graded in seven depths) on white fabric - the pic below shows some of them when I decided to rearrange the two sets from light to dark and the reverse.
Then it was time to try a different background colour black - then I decided that I needed Black and White - I liked this and took ages lining them up.
This is a close up
and even closer.
Then I thought maybe the borders should also be reversed -
so this is how far I have got with this piece. How to stitch it is my next question - for tomorrow!! On to the next piece - what a second piece - yes... You know I have started to plan a New York quilt
well I am testing out the idea on an A3 size piece. I have four pieces of furnishing fabric -
OK pastel colours but only need a tiny part of them. I cut out the shapes
and have pinned then down - now ready to apply them. Again - how?? Something to think about tomorrow!!
Roll on tomorrow!!

No comments: