Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Muse 4 update, sorting, waste not update and an outing

Muse 4
Muse 4 is really difficult to stitch as it is so big but it is progressing slowly. I hope to get much further this week as I am spending nearly the whole week at Urchfont Manor with the two groups -Textile21 and MEG. This is how far I have got - today I will be checking that the remaining squares are the correct colours. I fear it is going to be a nightmare to iron later - I will need one of those tiny head irons to smooth the frayed edges.
Sorting
I go through phases of sorting out my threads (it is the best procrastination exercise ever!!) Well the other day I acquired one of those lovely drawer units and have sorted my thread from their various boxes.... it's lovely.
I thought I had loads of threads but there don't look so many when they are all together. The top row houses my 'special' multi colours or metallic. The next draw has all the small cottons.
Then there are three drawers of huge reels of cottons
and the final drawer had the odd threads and rat tail cords.
Waste Not Update
This up date is really a daughter patchwork/quilting update. In so far as she had lots of snippets left over so I bonded them together into a new fabric and she has now made lots more stuffed hearts!!
An Outing
My daughter's boyfriend gave her and me tickets to the theatre for Christmas - So last night we had the best laugh ever..... the tickets were for the last night of Calendar Girls at the Bath Theatre Royal - a fantastic cast including: Lynda Bellingham, Jan Harvey, Sue Holderness, Deena Payne, Lisa Riley, June Watson and Ruth Madoc with Kevin Sarce, Joe McGan and John Labanowski. Brilliantly funny and for such a good cause too!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How funny - I'm off to see Calendar Girls in March at The Mayflower, Southampton (I can't wait, its got such a fantastic cast)! I love all your threads - really scrummy!

DIAN said...

I can spend hours sorting threads, beads, fabrics. The drawer units are good but I have my reels of thread laying down.

Such a gorgeous pic of the Calendar Girls.

Karin Millson said...

That is so pleasing to the eye...The quilt, not the girls! Although I am sure some would say otherwise.