Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Muse 4 update and a useful purchase

Muse 4 is large, so to stitch the grout I have been working on the floor in my living room, as the grout is all hand stitched. It's not easy - so think how wonderful it was to be able to use a table again yesterday. I went to 'Aunt' Jane's (Jane Lemon) for our sewing session - I love going there so regularly. Jane not only is a great inspiration, but is a brilliant advisor. I love her opinion on my work and of course she has the space in her work room. Here is a close up of Muse 4 - I have nearly finished the grout on Muse - then it will be a good inch of grout round the outside binding. At Jane's I was able to pin her up on the back wall to get a good look..... you can see I have completed the vertical grout and am nearly at the bottom of the horizontal grout. Jane said she was really proud of my work!! What a compliment - she believes my work has really 'blossomed' over the last few years - with the costumes and the Muse series. She also made me finally let go of the idea of getting a degree - SHE says I don't need to prove to ANYONE just how good I am !!!! - I am so proud of myself, to be complimented by 'Aunt' Jane!! Can you see me still glowing with pride!! I am back there again next weekend - can't wait.

On my way home I popped into In Excess - they have a lovely ever changing stock - excess stock obviously... Look what I found -
not sure what they are really meant to be used for but.. I think such a useful item for holding my quilt when putting it under the machine... there are 12 in the pack and all for £1 !! Bargain - wish they had been there sooner!!!

No comments: