Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Urchfont and some work done

 I have spent a lovely weekend at Urchfont Manor (my penultimate one before it closes) with the MEG group.  The gardens are stunning and there was a wedding on Saturday - a perfect location and a perfect day. One of my favourite flowers was in full bloom in the garden.  
Some of us went for a lovely walk in the Bluebell woods in the afternoon. In the distance they look like mist.





I did a little work on the mega background fabric for the Queen of Hearts until I ran out of the Madeira Metallic thread I was using, so having worked on the red area I started on the black area using a cotton perle and cable stitch and then, as before burning back.   I am at home this week and was able to spend a lot of today doing the burning in the garden enjoying the incredible sunshine. 

 The other thing I finished today is the Sari Silk Bodice- front, back  below.


Detail of front and detail of back, showing the cord I have made.
I am really beginning to hate this new blogger - although I have been able to put my photos more or less where I want them it has taken almost an hour when before it would take around 10 minutes !!

No comments: