Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Time for a Queen of Hearts Update

 The main jacket fabrics are ready for cutting out - I hope to get that done next week when I join Textiles 21 at Urchfont for the last time next week - I need the space as I can't use my kitchen floor at the moment due to the dog.  
Anyway in the meantime I have been making the 'lace' pieces which will form the collar and cuffs of the jacket.  I sandwiched a piece of my red net between two layers of water soluble fabric  and machined rows of the heart automatic machine pattern using red and black cotton in the needle and black in the bobbin alternating the direction. 
Then I free machined my usual red hearts in cable stitch - one row on the cuffs and a double mirror row on the collar.


I was so unsure what it would look like washed out... 

here is the collar just as I put it into the water I realised I had not taken a picture.  It has turned out better than I expected...



No comments: