Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Queen of Hearts update

Today I finished the third fabric that I will use as the base of the jacket for the Queen of Hearts. So far I have the 3.5 metres (60 inches wide) piece which is made up of black base, pieces of net and twinkle nylon stitched and burnt back. I have the 1.5 metres of red fabric stitched with black and now I have this red fabric stitched with red cable stitch and then over stitched with double black from the right side..


You can see the difference over stitching in the black has made to the piece in this picture when I had got half way.



I also have two balls of home stitched cord - one black/red and the latest black/red and a hint of green.
I have been working on the design for the skirt - the next part of the outfit already - yes designing in my sketch book !! I keep reading in my notes that I actually started this project last July - so its going to be a long project :-)

2 comments:

DIAN said...

Thanks for showing the way you have created this fabric. I do like the addition of the black to produce a more lush look.

Virginia said...

Anna, as soon as you have finished, DO REMOVE the masking tape! I have friends who left it there only for bout a month and found it almost impossible to remove! BTW the fabric, and the hall, look fabulous. I'll bet anyone who hasn't made cord will have no idea how time consuming making cord is! You've got stickability!