Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Creative again - but not textiles

Further to the blog post dated 16 Feb  - Bored (click here) well I am very pleased to say I am feeling much better and I have received the beautiful fabric from Annett - much too beautiful to use - each piece is labelled with the fibre content and what the piece was dyed with.  Beautiful.

I also received the lovely bread book from Gina. I have read my way through lots of the recipes and thought I should start at the beginning and work my way through as they all sound wonderful.  However, being me today I decided to try one that sounded just delicious - Bacon and Cheese bread - wow.....  OK although I followed the recipe exactly it has come out a little dense but OH OH so tasty - fresh from the oven, still warm with butter - heaven..


Whilst in the baking mode I found a packet of Roasted Red Onion and Balsamic vinegar bread by James Martin - this is a bit quick to make being a packet but again OH OH so tasty straight from the oven.  




Perhaps I should by a bread maker - or maybe I will borrow Mums first and see if it works better than hand making bread.

4 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

I have a breadmaker, and I love it. I've had it years and the results are nearly always fab (we've had a few mishaps along the way!)

Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Sharne Gregory said...

So glad that you are recovering from Februaryitus. I am sure that it wont be long now until you are back on top of everything.

carole brungar said...

Wow the bread looks amazing! Bacon and cheese sounds VERY nice. I make my dough in a breadmaker and then add all sorts of toppings, but have never used bacon. Will make a note to self to try it next time!
Carole x

Gina said...

Pleased to hear you are feeling better and are enjoying the book Anna. I have a bread maker and find it really useful. I don't usually bake my bread in it but often use the dough setting to knead and prove