Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jolted back - with thanks


Thanks to the kind words of my blogging friends and my daughter I think I am on the mend - miraculous really. I think I needed to vent my misery and now I have begun to feel better. I looked more closely at Art Girl scraps and divided them into two sets - the straight pieces which I will keep for later and these odd shaped scraps.  Without thinking too much I have put together a mug rug - it measures 20 cm x 16 cm and is crazy patched together with one of the longer pieces as the binding.  The remaining tiny scraps will go into another project too. So two more projects yet to come from this lovely bag of scraps from Art Girl. - Thanks  

This little project only took an hour from the start but it has kicked started me back to scissor production for the Mad Hatter.  These are made on water soluble in reverse - so here you see the back - the front surface is silver metallic thread.  I only have another 18 pairs or so to go so there will be 30+, to go with the 76 cotton reels - then I need to make more needles as I only have 30 of those so far :-).

3 comments:

DIAN said...

so pleased you are feeling better. Take small steps as you recover.

Love the mug rug.

sharon young said...

Hi Anna, I was so sorry to read how bad you've been feeling lately, it sounds vey like a bout of depression brought on by your illness, I hope your recovery continues as I know just how horrible these feeling are.
My daughter was telling me all about your blog yesterday, she followed a link on mine and said once she started reading it she couldn't stop. She loved the costumes and was so interested in your progression. She's not a blogger and as such is a bit of a lurker, so I thought I'd pass this on to you.
Love the little mug mat :-)

Emma said...

I was going to say, before I got distracted, that you're probably on overload, we all get like that & you give so much of yourself to your beautiful costumes. Not sure if you're on a tight schedule for the costumes, but give yourself time to recover. Give yourself permission to give yourself time. Another thing you can do with those lovely scraps is one of your fabulous scrappy book covers in the article you wrote for Workshop on the Web. Lovely ;)