Sunday, April 21, 2013
2nd Top done
The second 'practice' top purple one is much more successful than the first. BUT I am still confused by the pattern sizes - you see first top was made using a size larger than my measurements and is tight, top number 2 I made using the largest size on the pattern which is a size smaller than my measurements - (I thought I could adjust the final version later) and this top has turned out looser than my liking. However I think it is OK.
Although there are two changes I would make - the neckline is a little open for my liking especially at the back so I will fill it in a bit and there is no need for the centre back seam - the small 'shaping' at the back waist is not necessary as it is a stretch fabric.
UPDATE: I have just cut out the white top and the black with bows top and found that due to the generosity of Fabric Land, Salisbury I have actually saved around £5.50. That is the value of the spare fabric. So the tops will have actually cost roughly £8 each (or £5.50 each if you don't count the cost of the patterns!!) - even though I am not completely happy with the first two I will still wear them.