Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

2nd Top done



The second 'practice' top purple one is much more successful than the first.  BUT I am still confused by the pattern sizes - you see first top was made using a size larger than my measurements and is tight, top number 2 I made using the largest size on the pattern which is a size smaller than my measurements - (I thought I could adjust the final version later) and this top has turned out looser than my liking.  However I think it is OK.

Although there are two changes I would make - the neckline is a little open for my liking especially at the back so I will fill it in a bit and there is no need for the centre back seam - the small 'shaping' at the back waist is not necessary as it is a stretch fabric.

UPDATE: I have just cut out the white top and the black with bows top and found that due to the generosity of Fabric Land, Salisbury I have actually saved around £5.50. That is the value of the spare fabric. So the tops will have actually cost roughly £8 each  (or £5.50 each if you don't count the cost of the patterns!!) - even though I am not completely happy with the first two I will still wear them.

1 comment:

DIAN said...

I like this one. looks good.