Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, May 05, 2013

2 types of creativity for a Bank Holiday Weekend

Part 1 - you may remember, a few posts back, I got this Anna French sample book from the scrap store.
Well the 30 pages were cut up and arranged on my living room floor - 











Yesterday I started to stitch them together (brick pattern not like on the carpet). I have got up to row six and will show you the KING SIZE DUVET Cover when it is done!

Part 2 - my French bean seedlings were looking a little miserable and my tomato plants need potting on so today my daughter and I went to the garden centre clutching 2 for 1 vouchers. Not only did I get some more French bean seedlings and a couple of grow bags (which is all I really needed) but I now have:  two geraniums, one daisy,

 a tub of mixed lettuce, two pots of lambs lettuce and look what I was persuaded (by my daughter) that I really need - it took us all day to put it together  it did leave just enough room for the two other pots of French beans (making 4 in total) BUT I don't have enough potting compost so tomorrow I will go and get yet more because I will be planting these:..









Round Carrots, Celeriac and Onions!!!!












(So I put too many toms into each grow bag but find that I will lose some when it gets hot so in the long run they work out - also needed to plant some in old pots) 

2 comments:

sharon young said...

My goodness, Anna, you certainly have been busy, your plants look great, looks like you'll be having lovely salads in a few weeks.
Looking forward to seing your quilt progress.

Living to work - working to live said...

I daren't put my toms out - we had frost last week. They are languishing in my super dooper new plastic green shed from Aldi! And we haven't even thought about the beans yet.

Love the idea of that economy quilt. Looking forward to seeing it done but it will be a beast so will you quilt it or get it done on a long arm?