Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Linda Miller Course and Sam Toft for inspiration

Just back from a fantastic weekend at West Dean College where I was on a course with the brilliant Linda Miller - click here for her Website. Linda is so inspirational, generous with her time and encouragement.  The ladies I met on the course too were brilliant and we hope to keep in touch, and maybe meet up again. Here we all are - the 'show and tell' at the end of the course...

On the course we were machine embroidering pictures - I chose Sam Toft, for my inspiration - click here for her website, as I just love all her work. Both ladies have inspired me to create my own character - Podley - He is still a work in progress so you will have to wait for more on Podley.
For the moment - here are the three pieces I stitched.....

This is called - A little tenderness - I added the background and Mr Mustard's hat came out more of a cap than it should, and I was too 'scared' to do the faces. It is small - measuring 7.5 cm x 11 cm.

Next is my favourite as I have the print in my living room - It's called 'Taking the Girls Home' - I just love it!  I also added the background - measures 6.5cm x 8.5cm (below it is the original)


Finally is the one I am still to finish - It is called  A chariot of Fishfinger Sandwiches - lovely title and lovely print - this one is a line drawing on Sam's site so I am colouring it in and giving it a background. This one is the biggest at 18.5cm square.

No comments: