Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

How do I learn patience ?

I am sorry I have not written for so long but I have not been well and when I got better and went back to work I have been so tired each evening that I have not wanted to do any art work.
I have wanted, as many of you know, to work in my sketchbooks more but I have absolutely no patience - how do I learn patience?  For example the Clematis (Montana) in my garden has been stunning for a while now - I have taken loads of photos and decided that I wanted to do something artistic in my sketchbooks - I painted some pages green (in two books) and today I made a stamp by drawing around a print of one of my photos.  However  !!!!!  when I printed the stamp I realised that the page is not a dark enough green - so I have repainted the pages - NOW I have to wait -  Don't tell me to dry the pages with a hair dryer because I am using plastic wrap to create texture on the page. So I will have to wait until either later or tomorrow - will I still want to do the idea then?? (I know my Montana is pale pink  and I used white paint - I will try again with pinkish paint when the darker green is dry).


So whilst waiting for paint to dry :-)  I have tried out some 'texture' stamps I made a few weeks ago - you see I have been reading about people using texture stamps and stencils in their sketchbooks and at present I can't a) afford and b) find, nice texture stamps so I made some of my own.   Here are the test pages -
 
Some worked really well.


this one worked very well and was interesting as thick texture and fine texture (love it) .....
 Two did not work - I may scrap them.

 Whilst still waiting for paint to dry I may look for other stuff to make more texture stamps - these are fun!!


No comments: