Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 10 - 3 of 9

To answer the comment by Angela - Sorbello stitch was new to me until I flicked through Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn's book 11 - A Tale of Two Stitches - rather than buy the book I thought I'd look up how to do the stitch - found it nicely illustrated in several old books and just played. Then having read your message looked it up online and by looking at various places found the best description and stitching method on Sharon B's Inaminuteago site: http://inaminuteago.com/stitchdict/stitch/palestrina-sorbello.html It is a beautiful, addictive stitch - can be thick and chunky or fine and leggy!!

Postcard 3 - the picture is not really clear but on the right half the Sorbello is really quite thick and chunky using the nylon ribbon, topped with a tiny touch of copper/bronze metallic rub, whereas on the left I have finer, mat threads keeping the surface lower.

For some time now I have wanted to create multi- media journal pages or altered art works and have tried but as yet not to my own satisfaction. I have books and magazines by the ton and have ideas but what I am really looking for is a course or several courses - preferably either in the UK or on -line - can any of you make any suggestions where I can look???? I would even fancy working on saving up to go to USA or even Australia to get a weeks worth of courses if there is no easy alternative - PLEASE has anyone any ideas????

1 comment:

Carol said...

Anna, I think there is a creative sketch books C+G, I don't know of anywhere doing it but it used to be offered as an evening course last year at my local FE college, it might be worth looking into? Just a thought.