Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day 17 - Another series

The wind is so bad around here I am worried that my garden will have nothing left. Although the house is only 5 years old it is a three storey town house in an exposed location which seems to encourage the wind to whip round! Scary!!

I started the next group of postcards yesterday. They all have the same basic background which was a piece of calico covered with a burned on nappy liner/markal oil stick combination, over stitched with a machine pattern. Over the top of this was stitched a ribbon in a random squiggle.
That is the starting point. This particular card was then cut into quarters, re-arranged,and joined with a fine ribbon in a cross and funnily enough more sorbello stitch!! I seem to be addicted to that stitch !! HELP !!!
I'm going to send this card (in the nude) to my friend Karin in Oman - so Karin if you are reading this blog - this is what the card looks like now - please let me know it arrives in one piece!!!
I also want to ask my blogging friends (cos I know you all read this) ........ I want to purchase a book on ATC's as I've seen several advertised but am not sure which to buy. I would like one with at least some techniques not just lush pictures of completed ATC's - any suggestions? Or even magazines, please.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love the card Anna, I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it. Can't help on the ATC book front I'm afraid as I haven't bought any ....yet ;)