Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

These were the latest two postcards I made - using up samples from the dyeing course as mentioned on previous blogs. Only these samples have pieces of zip in them to add to the scrunchy texture.


As you may have noticed I have not written for a few days - I've not been feeling myself at all - I've had a busy time at work, very busy in fact, but that's nothing new. My daughter has had some issues recently with a friend that has caused a lot of hurt and that has not helped as I am once more helpless to do anything, like I was with my Dad.
I have been sinking lower and lower - since my op I have not been able to exercise and have gained just over 14 lbs in weight! I had lost a couple of pounds but it easily crept back on and increased. I had a hospital review last week and was able to confirm that I should not have suffered any pain after my op etc etc - the consultant spent ages apologising - I think he was concerned I would consider suing the hospital and it's staff. The good news was that all is progressing well and all was well after the entire gland was removed.
I went shopping with my daughter Emma today - to cheer ourselves up - I tried on loads of tops and some dresses and although I did buy just a couple of tops - I came away hating myself even more. I hate my weight, my hair, I hate myself for hating myself!! I find my job exhausting, I have no creative inspiration although I have lots of ideas. I just want to sleep!

Over the last couple of days I have received some lovely, beautiful postcards - below from Angela, Chris, Jo and Romana - from various group swaps. THANKS to all.










This final one, below, is from a very dear friend - Karin - who lives in Oman - the postcard arrived nude and in perfect condition. There is some much interest on this card - I will be looking at it for ages to work out exactly what Karin has done. Thanks.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards Anna! Sorry to hear that life is being a challenge lately, I hope things take a turn for the better soon.

Terri Stegmiller said...

What a grand idea, using zippers. I sad that things are not going smoothly for you, and I'm wishing good thoughts for you.

Doreen G said...

What an interesting concept with the zippers Anna they look great.I hope you cheer up soon and keep good thoughts.

Got Needle said...

I think the zip thing is lovely... I am using buttons in my stuff (more plastic). There is a most amazing collection on sale in the haberdashers here in Oman. It was nice too to see my work on your blog.... thanks, that gave me a buzz.
Anna please love yourself a little today and then a bit more tomorrow - you are a great inspiration to many - love yourself for that.... and give yourself an artists date - go for a crisp walk awaken the energies. Think of me when you are feeling the nip in the air - we don't get that here!

Unknown said...

Hy Anna, I regonize the feeling. I also have a job that is giving me some hard times. (everything for the targets)and when you come home sometimes they have managed to kill all the inspiration for that day. But still we have to go on, you give us so much pleasure with your textile work. Keep your head up high! Your worth it!

arlee said...

Now i know what to do with the trimmed off bits of zippers i've been saving! Wonderful!
And MYBAD MYBAD MYBAd--i *still* owe you an Artshare piece--i promise to send it off asap!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Anna I love your art work and what a great idea of using zippers for texture. I also love your dolls they are lovely

Carol said...

Hope you feel better soon, this time of years a mare all round I think, I have noticed lots of people aren't posting as often. I hope you fell better, good vibes being sent your way! Love carol

Sophie said...

Wha a great idea to use zips!!

Dianne said...

Anna, I hope you're feeling on top of things again soon!! You need to keep creating your beautiful art for us all to look at!!!!!! Love your lime green postcards, and the inclusion of the zipper is wonderful.

SeamRippstress said...

Anna your green textured zipped post cards are incredible! I hate my job too...But I love your art and would love to know about your shrunken felted pieces too! I hope you are feeling better now.

Emmy said...

OOO the color green is so very great and the use of zippers cool

Claire said...

I LOVE the green in the first postcard - they look like aerial photos of the Yorkshire Moors and Dales :o)
I'm so sorry to hear you're dad was so ripped off! It's despicable what some people do!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way! keep on guessing on the pic - no one's got it right yet :o)

gunnelsvensson said...

What a great card! such a texture and colours! and the zipper........it´s so fun!!!

Helen in the UK said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so rough. Sounds like you need lots of R&R. Glad to see my recycle themed PC arrived safe. I've finally managed to add you to my bloglines list so can now keep up to date automatically :)