The curls on the piece really shows if you hold it at an angle as below.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Arch for Arlee
Over the last couple of days whilst home sick I have had moments when the drugs have taken effect and I have been able to think. These moments have been few and far between but I have managed to make the first Arch for the Textile Challenges Yahoo group exchange. My January arch is for Arlee. In her notes she said she likes Baroque in hot colours. So I thought I'd take a design from a Baroque picture frame, in red and gold (could not find any copper!). For once I have made some sketches - the right hand page below has lots of try outs on tracing paper. This making of sketches is really rare for me - I usually have the idea in my head and go straight into making it but I have decided I need to slow down and come up with more ideas first. I did however, decide on a rather simple design but I hope it is effective enough for Arlee.