Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

New Red Bodice - WIP

To catch up where I have got to with the fabric I mentioned last weekend (HERE). This morning I cut an edge off and heated it with the heat tool to see what would happen - lovely start, but oops how stupid was I?.... heating over a piece of polyester lining ... look what happened to that!! I decided rather than just zapping the piece needed rows and rows of subtle machine pattern stitching. You can just make it out on the right hand side here.....This took quite some time so I have only just zapped the fabric - this is what it looks like but again I was zapping over a piece of parchment paper to protect my ironing board and you can't really see how lacy it is.. So here it is over the damaged blue poly lining!! I think there may be just enough to cover the front, possibly the sides of a bodice. I have found a lovely deep Burgundy/black shot silk that may be the answer. Need some thinking about how to apply - visible edges or encased, how to embellish (not with one of those horrible machines) I mean decorate the surface further. Do I use my iron work design - stitched, applied slips, applied cords? So many ideas.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Ohhhhhh! Scrummy