Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Steampunk Jacket update

I first mentioned a new project here on Sunday 12 April.  That's when I started making my own background fabric - 2 metres x 150 cm wide.  My usual madness!!  I have completed the first pass of stitching and the fabric as been rolled as I have stitched as I have very little work surface space in my workroom.

Now I am ready for the second pass to stitch the black figures of 8 over the surface, working from the back - so I will be rolling it back the other way.  I know that this will be even harder especially when I get half way!! But, hey that's how madly I work :-).

 
 Here is the first row from the front.  It has only taken 3 weeks for pass 1 so another 3 weeks or so for pass 2 :-) Then I will show you the next step for the background fabric.  Still a while before I cut out the actual jacket !

No comments: